25 May, 2011

And The Winner Is ...

It isn't really about winning, but last Wednesday I was awake early and not falling back asleep, so I did what was best. I got up and checked my email. I WON! More accurately, my work was selected, but it sure felt like winning. My writing had been validated by a stranger, and this tasted scrumptious. Yum.

Dear Thom,
I'm writing to tell you that your piece, "Window on the World", will be featured on Indie Ink this Thursday, May 19. I'm attaching our Featured Writer buttons for you to use on your blog. Please feel free to tell everyone that you will be featured on our site. Also, please get back to me as soon as possible if any of your information has changed.

Thank you very much for sharing your work!

Best Regards,
Wendryn
Indie Ink editor


Well, that made my day. I had joined Indie Ink only a few weeks ago and had submitted but one piece. I wasn't expecting this, but it's my kind of surprise. Since I received this on the 19th, I went immediately to the site, and there was my work: Window on the World by Thom Brown.

From the Indie Ink site:
"A non-profit, independent literary and art collective. Perhaps more importantly, we are a community of writers and artists whose work is filled with such passion and spirit, it demands to be seen. ... IndieInk.org is and always will be a corner of the internet where we can get away from the bullshit and fluff, and write or shoot or draw our asses off - without worrying about popularity or who links to whom or gets more comments. Submit your work. You'll be glad you did."

If you like to write, check out Indie Ink. It's a good thing.
TGB

No comments:

Post a Comment