05 June, 2011

Reading Is Believing

here was a fine Christian lady whose business required her to travel a great deal. That meant she did a lot of flying, but flying made her nervous. To calm herself, she always took her Bible along to read, and it usually helped. On this particular flight she sat next to a man who watched her pull out her Bible. After she had done so, he gave a little chuckle and went back to what he was doing.

After a while he turned to her and asked, "You don't really believe all that stuff you read in there do you?" The lady replied, "Of course, I do. It IS The Bible, isn't it?!"

He prodded "Well, what about that guy who was swallowed by that whale?" "Oh, Jonah," she replied, "Yes, I believe that. It is in The Bible after all."

"Well," he asked, "how do you suppose he survived all that time inside the whale?" Thinking about it, the lady said, "I don't really know, but I guess when I get to heaven, I will ask him."

"What if he isn't in heaven?" the man asked sarcastically. "Then you can ask him," smiled the lady.
Author Unknown   

No comments:

Post a Comment