09 September, 2011

I'm Versatile, Part I

Yay.

I have won the "Versatile Blogger Award" thanks to Hajra at Hajra Kvetches! According to the rules, I have to regift this award to seven others, and I need to say seven things about myself.

This is my second Versatile Blogger Award. The first was bestowed last March, and for Part I of this acceptance post, I'm repeating some what I revealed then.

About self:
1. I have two amazing daughters. One is a fellow in pediatric hematology/oncology. The other is just finishing a doctorate in clinical psychology and is currently working as a psychometrician.
2. I can't swim in spite of years of lessons, private and group. Well, that's not quite right. I can swim but only as far as I can hold my breath - which isn't very helpful. I could never get the rhythm of the breathing/stroking thing, but it never stopped me from boating or surfing though.
3. If I could live on cheese, olives, bread, and wine only, I would. I mean, c'mon, who wouldn't?!
4. I did well in my university ROTC courses in Naval Science - especially celestial navigation. In fact, I still have the text - Dutton's Navigation and Piloting. I'm pretty sure that's why I have never been lost at sea at night.
5. I cannot live without books, and I want to live long enough to see whirled peas. (I guess that's two things - bonus!)
6. Although I have been a professor of psychology for almost 37 years, I probably should have been an architect or an Egyptologist. Growing up, I always wanted to be an architect, but somehow I'd forgotten that by the time I was old enough to decide on a university and a major.
7. I never allow a day to pass without laughing and being thankful for life, especially the female portion of it.

Now I have to award this to seven other people. I'm not ready to do that now; that will be Part II. For those I do recognize, however, there are rules for the award. Just two. One, say seven things about yourself. Two, share the award with seven other people.

In the meantime, if you're looking for some really versatile bloggers who daily share wonderful musings, just stop by PBAU for a linked list of general interest sites.
TGB

No comments:

Post a Comment