26 October, 2011

An Un-anniversary

Back in July, I wrote that it had been a year since I started this blog. My first post was on July 1 of 2010.

I also noted that in that year I had posted nearly 300 times. I wrote "The blog has passed the 13,000 page view mark, and those visits have come from 71 countries across all of the continents but Antarctica. This includes all but nine of the 50 US states, six Canadian provinces, and six Australian states and territories."

That was four months ago, and what a difference a few months makes. Those pages views of the nearly 400 posts are now nearly 26,000 and come from 115 countries. In the US, readers from 48 states and the District of Columbia have stopped by. Just where are those readers from Alaska and North Dakota?! I need you. And I've now heard from all eight of the states and territories of Australia and 10 of the 13 provinces and territories of Canada (still looking for Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, and the Yukon).

That 'explosion' of readers is due in no small part to my friends at PBAU. Their support has made a world of difference. Literally.

Beyond the numbers, however, what continues to be most important to me are the fellow bloggers whose friendship and encouragement I have enjoyed immensely. Having become thoroughly discouraged by the writing ability of the average American college student, I remain positively thrilled to be in the company of so many talented authors, especially my two dozen colleagues at Personal Bloggers Are Us. They have been hesitant to call themselves writers or authors, but that's what they are. They should embrace the labels.
TGB