11 December, 2011

A Bridge To Hawaii

A man walking on the beach was deep in prayer. Suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, “Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish.”

The man said he wanted a bridge to Hawaii so he could drive there. The Lord said, “Your request is materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking; the supports required reaching the bottom of the Pacific and the concrete and steel it would take! It will nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire. Take a little more time and think of something that could possibly help mankind.”

The man said he wished that he could understand his wife and then thought for a time. Finally, he said, “Lord, I wish that all men - including me - could understand women. I want to know how she feels inside, what she’s thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothings wrong, and how I can make a woman truly happy.”

The Lord thought for a moment. Then He replied, "Do you want two lanes or four lanes on that bridge?"
Author Unknown