29 December, 2011

{this memory} 32

Not much of a mystery here. Not much distance in time either.

This is from Christmas Eve - five days ago. In Family Of The Bride I described what Christmas Eve is like in the Brown household. What you are seeing in this image is the youngest member of the clan being the first to open a few presents.

My great great nephew is the young fellow in the center. I'm not sure he quite had the hang of tearing into a package; he was pretty careful. Actually, I do have a younger great nephew, but he isn't home from the hospital yet - so he may lose out on the 'being first' honor.

The young man in front of him is his father, my great nephew. His mother is sitting just beyond him. The young lady on the extreme right of the photo is my niece, and the two ladies in the far background are my two daughters.

Another Christmas has come and gone in the Brown household, the 27th in this house, and I can look back on many happy memories. I am truly a fortunate man.
TGB