04 September, 2012

The Man Who Would Be Patient

A spiritual master - one of many gifted Teachers in my life - has suggested that patience asks us to live each moment to the fullest, to be completely present, to taste the here and now, and to be where we are.

This is harmony. This is beautiful music. It is a simple wisdom - an essential truth that is easily ignored and far too successfully by most of my fellow travelers on the River.

My hope is that I have accepted this euphonism from my Teachers and that by listening to them practice its melody, I have embraced it. What remains to be seen, however, is how well I have learned the notes and whether the nagging noises of a tumultuous world can muddle what has so effectively and effortlessly been composed for me.
TGB  
Repeated from September of 2011