04 April, 2013

{this memory} 77



This is the story behind last Monday's {this moment}.


Oh to be in England, now that spring is here!
Oh to be in England, drinking English beer!


Well, this is England - Oxford to be exact. It was early fall though, and there was no beer in this picture. I was doing some research at the library there. What a wonderful experience!

Toward the end of my stay, I decided I had to go see if Krispy Kreme doughnuts tasted the same there as they did where I grew up in Virginia. I arrived just after they opened which was why the outdoor seating was still as you see it.

I ordered two originals with a doppio espresso and sat down outside to enjoy. The morning was still a bit cool but glorious. I would have loved to do that everyday, but it cost nearly ten dollars! It's a lot less expensive here - thank goodness.

By the way, the building in the background is Malmaison Oxford Castle, a very nice hotel where the Harry Potter cast usually stayed during filming. I couldn't afford that either.

I am filled with wonderful memories and am a most fortunate man.
TGB