02 August, 2013

1,008,681,897 Seconds

At the time I am writing this, it's suggested that this is how many seconds I have left to live! Until Thursday, July 20, 2045. Given what know now, I would take that in a heartbeat.

What am I talking about, you query? Reading the NY Times yesterday, I came across a reference to the Death Clock - "the Internet's friendly reminder that life is slipping away ... second by second. Like the hourglass of the Net, the Death Clock will remind you just how short life is." Just answer a few questions, and you too can learn your personal Day of Death.

What do you think? It seems to me they don't ask nearly enough questions for this to have much validity; I suspect, however, it is based in part on solid actuarial data. All I really know is that it made me feel great. Given my medical history, I never thought I would live to be 96 - although my grandmother died at 98, and my mom is still alive at 93. So who knows?
TGB