08 August, 2013

{this memory} 88

This is the story behind last Monday's {this moment}.

Oh, dear. I am sure everyone has a photo like this. This was on the Norfolk Naval Station or maybe on the USS Krishna which my father was commanding. The young lad would be me around 1951 making the annual pilgrimage to tell Santa what I truly wanted. I doubt that it was whirled peas, but I don't really remember what I desired.

It is obvious I'm not particularly happy about this encounter and would rank it #2 right behind clowns. Ugh. I think the two hands in the lower left that are trying to keep me from running away are a particularly nice touch. Don't you?

In spite of this trauma, I was a happy child who became a happy adult. When I look at photos like this, I remember only the good times.

I am a fortunate man. Life is good.
TGB