01 April, 2014

Tuesdays With Another

WOMEN OF INTELLIGENCE
from Teste d'Arancia

One morning a man comes back after many hours of fishing and decides to take a nap. Even though she rarely goes out on the lake, the wife decided to go sailing. She started the engine and went a little distance out from the shore. Once there, she dropped the anchor and began to read her book.

Soon a game warden arrived by boat and said, "Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?"

"I'm reading a book," she replied trying hard not to say what she is thinking - "Isn't it obvious?!"

"You are in a prohibited fishing area," he said.

"I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing. I'm just reading."

"Yes, but you have all the equipment. As far as I know, you could start at any time. I must bring you and your boat in with me and report this infraction."

"If you do, officer, I will accuse you of sexual harassment," she said.

"But I did not even touch you!" the surprised warden said.

"This is true, but you have all the equipment. As far as I know, you could start at any time."

"Have a nice day ma'am," he replied as he went off and left her alone to read.

MORAL:
Never argue with a woman who reads - that she can also think is very likely.